- Uses a food and sex attractant to lure insects into the trap and disrupt the mating cycle.
- Controlled release system maximizes the life of the attractant and protects the attractant from environmental degradation.
- Ready-to-use includes trap, bait, and 2 bags.
Safer’s® Japanese Beetle Trap
How to Assemble:
- Slide vanes together at the slots to form a cross.
- Attach the twist tie by inserting about 10 cm through the holes in the top of the vane assembly, as shown in the diagram, and twist to secure the trap.
- Attach one of the disposable collection bags to the vane assembly by gently sliding the slits in the bag over the cutout hooks on the lower end of the trap vanes.
- Remove the bait from its protective package. Peel the protective cover from the Safer’s Japanese Beetle Trap Lure.
- Peel the backing from the back of the sex/floral lure (bait) and stick the bait onto the trap vane.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PEEL APART THE BAIT.
Best results are obtained by attaching the bait to the lower third of the trap vane. As trap catches decline, replace the bait.
Trap Placement and Use:
- Place traps as beetles emerge or in early June to mid-July.
- Place traps on the upwind side of the plantings to be protected. Use at least one trap per 20 metres along two sides of garden perimeter. Do not enclose the garden with traps.
- Hang traps in sunny areas 1 to 2 metres above the ground from any suitable post or stand.
- Place traps at least 3 metres away from plantings as they will attract beetles to the foliage if placed closer.
- Replace bags when full.